Actvity Summary: This Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM) core is from the Walvis Ridge in the South Atlantic.
This core shows two time periods when a warming climate initiated a rapid release of carbon resulting in extreme ocean acidification.
- Standard E: Earth and space science
- Standard G: Science in personal and social perspectives
- Cause and effect
- Stability and change
- Developing and using models
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- ESS1. C The history of the planet Earth
- ESS2. D Weather and climate
- ESS3.B Natural Hazards
- ESS3.D Global climate change