6 weeks 1 day
Science on board - Exp 367 meets Exp 368: difficult but not impossible.
Submitted by Alessia Cicconi on Wed, 03/01/2017 - 07:42
One thing that maybe I have not stressed yet is that Exp 367 is the first part of a 4 month expedition and the work of our expedition will be continued with Exp 368 from April to June.
Look at this page< if you want to know more.
This makes the scientists' work even more challenging because methods, procedures, and findings should be shared and discussed with the science party of Exp 368.
Difficult but not impossible. So, when we had the reports meeting for Hole U1499A, we invited the scientists of Exp 368 to participate in video conference and we had at least 18 of them connected with us. Science is definitely team work!
(Joann Stock, Co-chief scientist welcomes scientists of Exp 368)
(Claudia Lupi, paleontologist, explains how they dated the sediments)
- Science on board - Too easy to say "Are you a Geologist?"/ Troppo facile chiedere "Sei un geologo?"(English/Italian)
- FIRST CORE ON DECK! (Italian/English)
- The calm before the storm/La quiete prima della tempesta (English/Italian)
- Science on board - Chit-chat with a Sedimentologist
- Science on board/Education - Styrofoam cups into the deep ocean