Getting Ready for the School of Rock
QUICK GLIMPSE: Important Dates and Deadlines
By December 9, 2012
- Complete the Participant Survey Form
- Send a photo of yourself to email@example.com. This will be used for the website.
By January 15, 2013
- Send a copy of your current passport to Janice Muston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are part of the School of Rock 2013.
By February 15, 2013
- Send your flight itinerary to Julie Farver email@example.com and Jennifer Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
By March 15, 2013
- Optional: Sign up for live videoconference with your audience onshore during the School of Rock.We will schedule opportunities for School of Rock participants to conduct live video-broadcasts with audiences and/or colleagues back home. Think about what objectives would best match the goals and the best times for your shore-based audience. After our upcoming Webinar, you will be able to register HERE.
Other things to do before we meet on the ship
- Participate in the Webinars
- JANUARY 21, 2013 7-8PM EST – An introduction to the JOIDES Resolution, IODP program and Deep Earth Academy Resources
- MARCH 5, 2013 6-7PM EST – Getting Prepared for the School of Rock and Live Broadcasts
- Explore Deep Earth Academy activities and resources. Think about which ones are most relevant to your teaching. Try one out if you can!
- Prepare your homework assignment
- Bring a copy of your course outline and/or learning objectives that pertain to geology and earth history content
- Bring your favorite “Warm-Up” activity to share. This can be on any topic you want.
- If you don’t have a copy already, download a copy of A Framework for K-12 Science Education. Read and prepare to discuss the Executive Summary (Pgs 1-4) and the Guiding Assumptions and Organization of the Framework (Chapter 2)
- Use the Preparation and Packing List to get ready for your travels
Please send any questions or thoughts to Jen (email@example.com)