Connect your students/visitors/teachers live to the JR at sea! We provide live video broadcasts via zoom.us with the educators and scientists on board the ship during every expedition. Sign up is on a first come, first served basis.
Once your date is confirmed, here are a few things you can do to prepare:
- Explore some of our FREE materials: posters, models, core pencils and more!
- Make sure you have a good internet connection available.
- Follow the current expedition on Facebook and Twitter.
- Show your audience the Introduction to the JR presentation and other educator resources.
- Watch a couple of our videos. We recommend JR Time Machine; Core on the Floor, Drilling Operations 24/7, and Life on Board the JR for starters.
- Have your audience brainstorm questions to submit to scientists and ship staff during the video broadcast.
After Your Event
Once you have done an event with us, we would love to have your feedback – as we are always working to improve our events. Please click here to take our Video Events Survey.
Are you inspired? Considering applying to sail on the JR as an Onboard Outreach Officer!