We have now changed out our drilling technology and are making progress towards our final target. The main problem is that we are still relatively shallow in the section and so the sediment is quite soft and result of this is that we don’t get a lot of material when we try to take a core using the rotary drilling technology. After drilling ahead about 10 m we got about as much sediment as you could fit in a Coca-Cola can in the last core which the little bit sad. We do know at least that time (or rather depth) is on our side and that as we continue to deepen the hole sediment will get harder and more consolidated and therefore will be recovered more effectively. In the meantime we just have to be patient and not get to depressed about this sad state. We are in the final 10 days of our expedition so we don’t have time to do everything that we would like to do but have decided to focus on what we need to do to meet our primary scientific goals. In the meantime we can cheer ourselves up with some tasty desserts from the galley including this unusual coconut and sweetcorn combo.