What is the JOIDES Resolution?
The JOIDES Resolution (JR) is a research vessel that drills into the ocean floor to collect and study core samples. Scientists use data from the JR to better understand climate change, geology and Earth’s history. It is a part of the International Ocean Discovery Program and is funded by the National Science Foundation.
The JOIDES Resolution is currently in a dry dock phase for routine maintenance, but there’s still plenty to explore on our site:
- Visit the expedition main page to explore previous expeditions
- Stay up to date by reading through our blogs
- Take a virtual tour of the ship
- Head to the multimedia tab to play games and watch videos
- Watch this video about the Oman Drilling Project
Time at Sea: 67 days