5 weeks 2 days
Live Video Events with the JOIDES Resolution
Connect your students/visitors/teachers live to the JR at sea! We provide live video broadcasts via zoom.us with the educators and scientists on board the ship during every expedition. Sign up is on a first come, first served basis. Want to see what an event is like? Watch here!
To sign up for a live event during any of our upcoming expeditions, follow our new instructions:
You can also download the instructions from the link at the bottom of this page.
Dates for the next several expeditions:
Exp. 368 South China Sea Rifted Margin B: April 9 - June 11 2017
Exp. 371 Tasman Frontier Subduction Initiation: July 27 - September 26, 2017
Once your date is confirmed, here are a few things you can do to prepare:
- Sign up to get the monthly JR newsletter.
- Explore some of our FREE materials: posters, models, core pencils and more!
- Make sure you have a good internet connection available.
- Follow the current expedition on Facebook and Twitter.
- Show your audience the Introduction to the JR presentation and other educator resources.
- Watch a couple of our videos. We recommend JR Time Machine; Core on the Floor, Drilling Operations 24/7, Life on Board the JR, and Core on the Shore for starters.
- Have your audience brainstorm questions to submit to scientists and ship staff during the video broadcast. You can also submit questions before and after through our Ask a Scientist page.
Meet our current educators on board here.
After Your Event
Once you have done an event with us, we would love to have your feedback - as we are always working to improve our events. Please click here to take our Video Events Survey.
Are you inspired? Considering applying to sail on the JR as an Education Officer!
|intro to JR.pdf||1.23 MB|