6 weeks 3 days from now
Live Video Events with the JOIDES Resolution
Connect your students/visitors/teachers live to the JR at sea! We provide live video broadcasts via Skype with the educators and scientists on board the ship during every expedition. Sign up is on a first come, first served basis.
Sign-ups are not yet open for our 2014 expeditions. Watch this page for updates!
Once your date is confirmed, here are a few things you can do to prepare:
- Sign up to get the monthly JR newsletter.
- Order some of our FREE materials: posters, models, core pencils and more!
- Make sure you have the latest version of Skype running on your computer and a good internet connection available.
- Spread the word about following the current expedition.
- Show your audience the Introducation to the JR slideshow and other educator resources.
- Watch a couple of our videos. We recommend Core on the Floor, Drilling Operations 24/7, Life on Board the JR, and Core on the Shore for starters.
- Have your audience brainstorm questions to submit to scientists and ship staff during the video broadcast. You can also submit questions before and after through our Ask a Scientist page.
After Your Event
Once you have done an event with us, we would love to have your feedback - as we are always working to improve our events. Please click here to take our Video Events Survey.
Are you inspired? Considering applying to sail on the JR as an Education Officer!